Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Natives Are Getting Restless

Disclaimer: The title is not meant in any way to be racist or derogatory...I just thought it was a good title.

Yesterday a truck pulled up to the neighbor's house across the street, and the man of the house and the occupant of the truck proceeded to become involved in a very animated and passionate shouting match that lasted for about 45 minutes. The woman of the house just paced back and forth in the driveway, looking down at the ground for the most part, although occasionally she would pipe in with a thought of her own.

Just now, the same sort of thing occurred with my next door neighbor to my right, although it didn't last nearly as long.

I'm assuming that they're squabbling over the water supply to their fields, as Michael told me they do.

I'm one of those people who is very uncomfortable with confrontation and will go out of my way to avoid it, so just listening to these squabbles gives me an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Although I do admit that I find it entertaining on some level, too.

Sometimes late at night the neighborhood cats will get into some really vicious sounding brawls, which prompts my two inside cats to jump up wherever they are, run in the direction of the sound (front of the house, usually) and then turn around and start beating the living crap out of each other. Also entertaining on some level, but mostly just annoying.

No comments: