Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ahhhh, That's Better

New laptop up and running, wireless connection established, Skype downloaded. Still a few things to iron out, like how to get web pages to show up in English, and for some reason the @ sign and the " sign are reversed , but I can deal with that.

Major props to Tommy at Smart Computer in Kastelli for managing to salvage all my files, and for loading them onto my new system at no additional charge. Great operation he's running, I'm extremely grateful. Looking forward to playing around with my new toy. The speakers are supposed to be state of the art, and when I eventually have a television, there's a port where I can connect to it.

In other news...Huck showed up for breakfast this morning sans Pip. Highly unusual, and it has me a bit worried. I won't mourn her loss just yet...hopefully she just found some better grub somewhere, but it doesn't bode well.

Here are some pics from dinner last night:












In keeping with Mike's desire not to be plastered all over the internet, I've "anonymized" him by cutting his head off. And lest anyone get any untoward ideas about his naked torso, he removed his white shirt so that it wouldn't get food splatters on it (although I will admit that I somewhat enjoyed having a half-naked man cooking for me!)




A proper Greek salad (so much prettier than the ones that I make)







Finished product: Chicken and sauteed mushrooms in a mustard cream sauce with ginger rice. The white wine is a 2007 Nicolas Repanis Moschofilero, which has become something of a go-to for me (the grape and the producer)...very nice. The red is something I hadn't yet tried, a 2001 KirYianni Ramvista Xinnomavro, but that I will definitely seek out again.

No comments: