Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Miscellenous pictures, nothing very interesting

Last night after dinner I noticed that there was a very nice, bright moon rising through the leaves of the orange tree on my back patio, and I didn't want to sit around the house so I took a drive up into the hills behind my village. My camera wasn't picking up any of the landscape shots I tried to take, showing the variations in the shades of black and gray in the mountains as a result of the moon rising above them, so I just took pictures of some memorials along the way, which were kind of cool in an eerie way in the darkness. Ran into very few other vehicles along the way, so I had the night to myself.













Just what I thought was a really pretty view of an old house, on my way to the beach earlier in the day.







Cheeseburger in Paradise: I bought some really crappy frozen burger patties from the supermarket because I was craving beef but the guy at the meat counter was too busy and I didn't feel like waiting. But the toasted bun drizzled with olive oil, some feta and roasted red-peppers and a dash of oregano turned it into something pretty decent.

1 comment:

Geek Dad and Sleek Mom said...

Cool old house. Nasty looking burger!
Mom and Dad