Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Leaving Comments

A few people have remarked that they've had difficulty leaving comments for me after my posts, so hopefully these instructions will help.

First, until just a few days ago I had my account set to where you had to sign up/create an account in order to leave comments (this must have been the default when I set the blog up). I have changed this and anyone should be able to leave a comment without creating an account.

At the end of the post, click on the little link that tells how many comments have been made.

This will bring you to the screen where you can type your comment, on the right-hand side. After typing your comment, it may or may not ask for you to verify a line of text.

Then it gives you options for how you want to be identified in your comment. My guess is that most people will either prefer to choose anonymous, or to check the "name/url" box which will allow you to enter your name however you'd like it to appear.

Click "publish your comment" and you should be good to go! I just tested it myself and it seems to work fine. Email me if you're still having difficulty.

5 comments:

Dad said...

test

Super Dad said...

Well, it worked once, but now I've lost it, or mahybe not...

Super geek Dad! said...

OK, now I've got it. Have to ignore the google account I opened for it weeks ago. Use Name/URL window instead.
Yea!!!

Geeky Dad said...

Now that I can finally comment on your blog, you need to extend your stay.

Kirstyn said...

Glad you got it, Dad:-)