Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another Analogy (or is it a metaphor? I'm not sure...)

I recently posted some tasting notes regarding the wine pictured here to a wine discussion group that I visit from time to time.

My notes regarding the bouquet read: Intense aromas of strawberries, cola, plum and spice (cloves). After sitting a bit, distinct notes of cocoa emerged.

Another member came along later and mentioned that when he tasted this, he recalls "Very pleasant black cherry and herbal aromas and flavors."

So I revisited the open bottle tonight, and found that his description was so much more accurate than mine was. I totally got what he was talking about.

Which led me to begin thinking that perhaps the reason I often make such lousy choices in men that I date is because my perceptions are just all screwy!!

I'm sensing "complicated, challenging, and bitter-sweet" whereas someone else with more finely-honed senses and a more intelligent emotional repetoire would report "disconjuncted, abrasive and contradictory". Or maybe just "jerk, moron, loser".

Anyway...just my "too-deep" thought for the evening. This is what happens when you're all alone on an island, thousands of miles from home! Oh, who am I kidding...I think this way all the time:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always said a little fine honing works wonders with women!

Guess who?

Kirstyn said...

Guess who? Not sure, but I'd have to go with one of two of my previous co-workers who are now working together at another company.