Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dear Santa, Part II

Thanks for nothin'.

I'm at the computer shop now, using their internet while I wait for my NEW laptop, which I'm buying because every attempt to reinstall Windows on my old laptop failed, and the tech said I need to send it back to Dell. The wait time would be, I'm sure, far longer than I'm willing to go without a computer at home, as it is my primary source of entertainment and communication when I'm not out doing other "stuff". Soooo, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite A300-1TM, which basically has all the same features that my old laptop had (built in camera, wireless, etc.) but has a larger screen and Greek characters as well as Roman on the keyboard. I will return my old laptop to Dell in the hopes that they will give me a refund, especially since I've only had it for about six months. I'm doubtful that they will...I'm guessing they'll offer to replace it if they don't discover that I injected it with massive voltage that ripped up the memory a few months ago, in which case I'll try to sell it at some point. In the meantime, I'm hopeful that the tech here was able to salvage my documents and pictures for me from the old one.

Yannis is having "issues" with immigration, and who the hell knows when or if he'll be back. I'm hopeful that he's able to work something out, because he is a great beach buddy and the waves just aren't as much fun without him.

In the meantime, Mike treated me to a very nice home cooked meal last night, pictures of which I will post later once I've got my new laptop up and running at home.

And Santa...I'm just hoping that the reason you were unable to fulfill my wishes is because you are concentrating all of your resources on Jacqueline's situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Latin, not Roman, characters. Greek characters are Roman characters.

Το περιφρονημένο γένος των Ρωμαίων.

Kirstyn said...

Thank you, anonymous, for the clarification.