Monday, July 20, 2009

A Taste of Home


Well, sort of. I visited the "ethnic" section of the supermarket today, and picked up red curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce, ginger, basil, green beans, carrots and jasmine rice to go with the pork I had thawing in the fridge at home.

Thai is probably my all around favorite cuisine in the world, and it's the one taste I've been missing most since I've been here.

The final product was not fantastic (I didn't follow any package directions; the ginger and basil were in a jar, and I don't think that carrots typically accompany most Thai dishes) but it was still good, and it took the edge off of my craving. I've got a huge container of it left over, and hope it will re-heat OK.

The meal followed on the heels of a lovely afternoon at the beach, and a beer with my friend at the taverna there on the beach, so all in all a good day.

Looks like I'm actually going to be in bed before midnight tonight, let's see if that means I get out of bed tomorrow any earlier than the 9am that has become habit of late.

No comments: