Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Not Bad...not bad at all


My second solo "success" so far, after the braised lamb. If I'm not careful I just might start to believe that I can cook.

Chicken marinaded for about two hours in olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper (I've found this marinade to be fool-proof so far, for fish, lamb, chicken, tarantulas, whatever.) Put in the oven on ??medium-high?? (there are no temperature indicators on my gas oven) for about 25 minutes.

Sauce cooked on the stove: garlic and onions sauteed in olive oil (of course!), then added chopped zucchini and red bell pepper. After a few miutues, added a can of diced tomatoes, 3/4 cup of vegetable stock, oregano, red wine, more salt and pepper, and a bay leaf. Let simmer for about 30 minutes.

Poured sauce over half-way cooked chicken, adding olives, capers and some crumbled feta. Cooked for another 20 minutes.

Served over some really fun, big, tri-colored pasta that I don't know the name of (I threw the package away). Looks kind of like tulips.

I think that the capers really added to the flavor.

Enjoyed with some 2007 Ino "Agiortiko", an indigenous Greek grape that Kim and Gary and I had once at Zaytinya and really enjoyed. This was a bit richer and more intense than the one that we had, but still extremely food-friendly. I think both Kim and Gary would like it a lot:-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was the price of the wine?...Red or white? ...Always looking for a good Greek wine in a reasonable price range..Thankyou...Vivien