Monday, July 13, 2009

On the Reading Roster


I'm just about finished with Atlas Shrugged, so I've pulled several books off the shelves that were already here in the house, along with one that I brought with me and one that I've purchased since arriving. Not sure which I'll start with next, perhaps the mystery book that I've got waiting for me at the vet's office. One of the posters on an online expat forum that I visit notified me via PM that it has been left there for me to pick up on my next visit:-)

Here's the list:


  • Echoes of War: Ill Met by Moonlight, The Abduction of General Kreipe (about the German occupation of Crete in WWII)
  • Mrs. Dalloway (gotta get those Penguin Classics in that I never bothered with in high school)
  • The Middle of the Journey (another Penguin Classic)
  • Shardik (by Richard Adams, the guy who wrote Watership Down, which had me crying hysterically at the end)
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns (Same guy who wrote The Kite Runner, as if everyone didn't know that already)
  • The Bookseller of Kabul (haven't decided whether to read the last two back to back yet).

No comments: