Friday, July 24, 2009

Mass Murder Averted



I was about to "Raid" this column of ants climbing up the side of my house, until I realized that they were working ever so hard and efficiently to carry their quarry to their nest, wherever that might be (it's somewhere "up", possibly in one of the cracks in the outer walls of my house). The ants here really can be a nuisance...they have made a highway out of one of my clothes lines, and if left unchecked I end up having to shake ants out of my dried clothing before I can fold it. I'm also concerned that at some point they'll make their way inside - in my old apartment in DC they did and would swarm the cat's food dishes.

But anyway, my respect for their hard work and skill bought them a temporary stay of execution. I hope their queen enjoys her feast.

No comments: