Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

After spending the day moving, I really didn't feel like dealing with cooking so I hit the souvlaki joint up the road. 5 euros, works for me. Maybe I'll do the chicken/stuffing/mashed potatoes tomorrow night, along with the walnut pie I made yesterday.

Oh - the pie. Turned out OK if you take the crust out of the equation, which is heavy and hard as a brick and better suited for use as a heavy, blunt weapon. I gave a piece to my greek tutor
anyway, it will be amusing to see her diplomatic skills in action during our next lesson.

The cats are still settling in. Rikki is a bit discombobulated, walking around meowing pathetically and trying to get into every drawer and cabinet he comes across (unless I put down food, then he is magically transported to "OK Land"). Cleo is just hanging out.

I'll take pictures and report further on the new place tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!!

No comments: