Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Official Thanksgiving Dinner, the Day After

Where are the sweet potatoes? The cranberry sauce? Hell, where's the turkey...that looks like CHICKEN!

It is (chicken). A pre-cooked roaster from Marianopoulos. There is no way to cook a full chicken in my little oven, even if I wanted to (and I don't). The stuffing is home-made though, and not half-bad. I toasted up some black bread a few days ago and used that, along with sauteed celery and onions, two beaten eggs, rosemary, salt, pepper and chicken broth. The recipe I used called for sage instead of rosemary, but I didn't have any sage and I think I liked the rosemary better anyway.

Made a simple gravy out of chicken broth, butter, flour and a bay leaf.

You see no walnut pie here because I donated it to the dumpster when I tried to get a fork through it with no luck. What DID I do to that crust?? I think I might be able to market and sell this to the military and/or police as a new type of armor - stronger and more cheaply made than kevlar, although probably a bit heavier:-/

No comments: