Monday, November 2, 2009

Deliana Gorge

I took advantage of a relatively sunny afternoon yesterday to attempt the Deliana Gorge again. It's an easy, pleasant walk - one hour total (through and back). I didn't encounter anyone else on the walk (unless you count goats and vultures). I was surprised that the riverbed that runs along side the path was dry, given the rain we've had recently, but I guess it takes a lot more than a few days to get it going. I've read that does run in the springtime, though.





The little picnic area before entering the gorge.








"Please close the gate"







































Some part of me really wanted to try to climb up to these caves and check them out, but the huge rocks lying all about the canyon as a result of "falling rocks" made me think that would be a really stupid idea.





I thought this was a very handsome goat:-) There were several others, but this guy posed for me so he got the shot.




















I don't know what this is, but it made me hungry for some reason. I didn't eat it, though:-)








I saw this on my way back - somehow missed it on the hike in - and it reminded me to keep my eyes trained upwards when I entered the narrower parts of the gorge with serious rock over-hang.

No comments: