Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My First Homemade Pecan Pie!

Err...except that it's a walnut pie. My neighbor gave me a bag of nuts along with a bunch of other stuff when she left, and when she suggested that I make a pie I just automatically thought of pecan pie. I'm not an expert on nuts (other than those that I've dated) but I'm pretty sure these are walnuts. Which is just fine with me, why stick to convention? So I just used a pecan pie recipe, but with walnuts.

I'm still having a tough time with the crust, one of these days I'm going to get it right. This one is very obviously too thick, and just a tad bit underdone, but I will eat it anyway, and bring a piece to my greek tutor tomorrow when I have my lesson.

Now I just have to pull together the rest of the Thanksgiving meal. Something tells me I'm going to have to go sans cranberries...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Kyrstyn! I think they have cranberry products at Marinopoulos and I'm almost sure they have cranberry jelly at AB (Vassilopoulos) in Chania (I know they have in their Athens' supermarkets). H.