Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another Goodbye

Seems like there have been a lot of them on this "trip"! First Yannis, then Mike, next week the "outside kitties", but for now it's my neighbor Helene, who is leaving tomorrow to pursue some additional training in London, and who I was just starting to get to know. She'll be back in the springtime, and I hope to get to see her again before I leave to go back to the States, but in the meantime she has set me up very nicely with a bunch of stuff from her pantry/fridge that she can't keep or take with her. I wish her a fun, safe and productive journey and thank her for the dinners, chats and all this great "free stuff"!


Since I'm also moving next week, I'm just leaving this stuff in the box for now, but there's all kinds of good things in here, including pecans with which I promised her I would make a pecan pie. I've never made one before so it should be interesting, and I've decided to give it a shot next Wednesday so I'll have it on Thursday for Thanksgiving, and so I can give some to my Greek tutor when I have my lesson Thursday morning. I'm also slated to move on Thursday, so it should be a busy day.

Some stuff from the fridge, including some of her home-made orange marmelade, made from the oranges that grow on our back patio. Also, some mustard and ginger curry pate from France.






Lavender from France. I love lavender, and this stuff doesn't make me sneeze when I stick it right up close to my nose and breath in deeply, which is what usually happens when I do that.








I made this curry tonight with the pate, mixed it in with some cream with sauteed carrots, chicken and raisins over rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do hope to see you again, Kyrstyn, and I very much enjoyed the time I spent with you. More, please! :)
H.