Friday, November 6, 2009

Random Photos


Two of the three "sisters", Pip and Huck, chilling on the lounger last night after getting a special, unexpected treat of mortadella and gouda. I'm supposed to be slowly weaning them off of handouts as my departure from this house approaches, but I'm finding it much harder to do than I thought it would be. Pip has become very affectionate, and if I only had one cat I think I'd be taking her with me. Just as well that I can't, because I think she's happier outside and that she's also the "leader" among the three of them, and I bet her sisters would miss her.

Images from a walk I took today. I've posted pictures of the church on two other occasions I think, but find it looks different and interesting depending on the time of day, and I don't think I have one yet of it mid-day (the others were taken as the sun was setting). Also, hoping the fire here was a controlled burn - it looked to be. Although I did hear an almost completely alien sound to me now - sirens - when I got home. No idea if it was a fire truck or ambulance or cop. I think it may have been the first siren I've heard since arriving here.





















The weather is so perfect that I decided to bring the laptop outside to post this and do other "online" stuff. Kind of hard to believe I went the entire summer without doing this. I guess I didn't realize the wireless would work out here. Too bad!

No comments: