Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday in Chania

I was supposed to go to a wine exhibition today in Chania with Pamela Dunn, an expat with extensive industry experience who now resides in Crete full time and organizes wine-related events. Unfortunately there was some confusion as to the time that the exhibition got underway today, and we ended up in Chania about 7 hours too early. No problem though, I enjoyed chatting with her over coffee by the water on a beautiful morning, and we walked together to Miden Agan, a delightfully diverse and well-stocked little wine shop/delicatessen that I knew of but until this morning had been unable to locate. They have their own wine club that meets about once a month, and I'm hoping to be able to attend at some point, even though it's all in Greek! The exhibition is running again all day tomorrow so I'll head back down and check it out.

In the meantime, I wandered around town for a bit, had some lunch and stumbled upon an art exhibit of works by Roussetos Panagiotakis. I saw others taking photographs of the paintings and followed suit. Now I just hope I'm not doing anything illegal by posting my photos of his paintings here without first obtaining permission! I searched the internet for anything that would tell me one way or the other but no luck. If anyone knows for certain, please let me know! I also tried to find a biography on the artist but again came up empty.


































































































Before meeting up with Pam, I took some pictures while walking around the port. I somehow managed not to get any of the crowds, which were there in force as it is a big holiday today, Name Day for unmarried "Maria's". Which technically makes it my name day, so feel free to shower me with gifts and Χρόνια Πολλα wishes, however belated they may be once anyone actually reads this:-)





























No comments: