Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What's for Dinner



Betti is making ratatouille to go along with our fishes. Hoping the fish on the grill works out as well as the chicken did last night. Will certainly have to fend off the local cats tonight, and I'll probably end up giving them some dry cat food like we did last night just to keep them away from the grill.

On another note, I'm not looking forward to the logistics involved in getting to and from the Samaria Gorge tomorrow, although I'm optimistic that the hike itself will be worth it when it's all said and done. We have to meet the bus in town at 6am, then transfer an hour later in Chania to a bus going to Omalos. Then the 18km hike, ending at Agia Roumelli and the Libyan Sea. After a quick swim and maybe a drink, we'll take the ferry to Chora Sfakion, where we'll take a two hour bus back to Chania, then transfer to the bus back to Kastelli. We're probably looking at 5 hours of commute between the bus and the ferry, and to be honest if it was just me I wouldn't be doing it. From what I've read the gorge is absolutely stunning, but also swamped with tourists. However, Betti is set on it and it's supposedly one of those "must do's" when in Crete. I'll be glad when it's done, and hopefully will have some good photos.

I'm going to have to use my old Canon Powershot because the hotel in Santorini still hasn't sent my charger back to me (I left it there along with my electrical converter and adaptor).

No comments: