Saturday, December 19, 2009

Eric Williamson Found Guilty by Virginia Court

Of being naked in his own home. Full article here:

http://www.dailychilli.com/news/1400-guilty-of-being-naked-at-home

My feeling is that the real obscenity here lies not only in the violation of this guy's rights, but in the horribly unhealthy attitude we have towards nudity. The kid in this article probably has been traumatized - by his mother's over-reaction.

I'm not a nudist, nor do I advocate that everyone start walking around in the buff. I like clothes, I think they're fun and functional. But we are ALL naked underneath our clothes, and I think that this case speaks volumes about how sick we are as a society that we would prefer uphold irrational, puritanical values over individual freedom.

2 comments:

dad said...

Life is not fair in these cases. Used to meet my friend Dave at his house and walk to HS together. One day, through a bedroom window, we saw an attractive young woman trying on different bras. She eventually looked up and saw us staring at her and smiled,waved and pulled the blind down. We convinced ourselves she was an exhibitionist and for the next three years we paused at her house on the way to school every morning hoping she would leave the blind up again. Sigh. No luck.

Kirstyn said...

I know another former marine who has a similar story to yours, except his involved sunbathing on rooftop if I recall correctly, and he and his friends were fortunate enough to get repeat performances!

Yeah, but I feel bad for this poor guy. I hope he gets vindicated on appeal! I mean, who wears clothes when they're making coffee?!?!