Saturday, December 5, 2009

CIC Christmas Bazaar, Hania

I've been meaning to sign up for a membership to the Cretan International Community and finally got around to doing so when I came into Hania today for their annual Christmas Bazaar. It is an organization geared towards assisting expats in Crete, organizing social activities, supporting local tourism and charitable organizations. They hold special events like this as well as regular coffee mornings, meetings for various support groups, chess club, etc.


I believe the kids were belting out "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" at this point. They sounded great and seemed like they were having a lot of fun.





Santa was nice enough to let me take his picture, and thank God he didn't ask me if I wanted to sit on his lap. He did offer me a lollipop which I declined since I was moving on to the sweets table next...












And I bought my first Christmas decoration of the year:-)

3 comments:

dad said...

Haven't had a chance to checkk your blog for several days. I love the blue door story. And the pictures of the town and church and pups are fantastic. Neat the way each barking pup has his own barking window.

For some reason the CIC pictures don't show up on our computer. All the others do.

Kirstyn said...

Dad - I attempted exporting my pictures directly from the Picassa folder on my laptop to Blogger for the first time for the CIC post. Apparently it doesn't work:-) It's strange, because they showed up when I published it last night. Anyway, I've deleted them and replaced them with uploads from my folders.

D said...

Much better!

Santa looks harmless to me, but who can tell.