Monday, September 14, 2009

My Next Home Sweet Home


After viewing an apartment in the city of Chania, and after unsuccessful attempts to see others that were posted in the Chania newspaper, I have decided to accept my current landlord's offer to move into one of his houses in Kastelli/Kissamos when my lease here is up at the end of November.

I've been told by my Greek friends, and by Chantal, that I should be able to find something cheaper, that my landlord is charging too much. And that's probably true. However, I'm willing to pay extra for the convenience of not having to run around and visit a bunch of different apartments that may or may not have all the amenities I'm seeking, the owners of which may or may not understand what I need and who may or may not be responsive. I know what I'm getting with Crete Direct, and while I might be able to save 150 euros per month by digging in and doing the footwork and taking a chance on someone new, I'm just more comfortable doing it this way.



No comments: