Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another Trip to the Vet


I could seriously imagine developing some twisted form of Munchausen by Proxy here. Today I went to pick up Elf, or Bachelorette #3, from her spay procedure. Since I was going to be there anyway, I also brought Cleo in to check on a scabby skin condition that she has developed around her head, face and ears. Rikki has it too, but not as bad. While waiting for the doctor to finish up with a woman and her poor little doggy who is going to lose an eye from a fight with a cat, Yannis (the vet's assistant) and I had time to chat and as usual, I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation. We covered a number of subjects to include the best way to learn a foreign language (watching old movies), culture shock, and the flawed monetary system. It's nice to have someone to talk to who is intelligent and has a good sense of humor! This kitty here has adopted the vet clinic as his new home. Yannis tells me that he was fearless from the moment he showed up, cruising in through the open window and making himself right at home. Once there were two large dogs in the waiting area, one of them a doberman, and this little guy walked right past them without twitching a whisker.

Anyway, Cleo has an ulcer on the back of her neck, probably a reaction to the Frontline treatment I gave to both her and Rikki back in July. So the doctor sent me home with some anti-biotic drops that also contain steroids, and gave me a steeper than usual discount for kitty #3.

1 comment:

dad said...

Keep the Pontiac jokes coming! We can change "Pontiac" to "blond" and reuse them here!