Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'll Call Him Ralph




The dog across the street is SO old, and makes SUCH a racket when he groans, howls, moans and otherwise carries on. But he is so sweet with the little kittens that also hang out at his house, and I snapped a couple of shots of him with one of them this afternoon. He's always grooming them, playing with them, and just hanging out with them.

I suppose I should attempt to say more to my neighbors than "yia sas", and maybe try to find out what their dog's real names are. There's another dog next door to me who I call Leroy, because he's brown and he hangs out in an oil barrel when it's hot, and he makes me think of the song "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown". Today, Leroy was out front with the man of the house, and I stopped and said hello to the both of them and actually petted Leroy for the first time (he usually barks ferociously at anyone who walks by). Neither seemed to mind when I called him Leroy, so maybe I'll just stick with their American names for now.

No comments: