Monday, January 25, 2010

This Morning in the Shower...

I was musing upon the things that I miss about my life in the United States, and those things that I don't. Why in the shower? Because for some reason I tend to contemplate a lot in the shower, I don't know why. Anyway, here's what I was thinking:

I Miss (in no particular order):
  • Central heating
  • Family and friends
  • Clothes driers
  • My car
  • A diversity of cuisines when dining out
  • A diversity of wines for purchase
  • A diversity of cultures/people
  • The metro
What I don't miss:
  • The hustle and bustle
  • Work
  • Waking up to an alarm
  • Pretentiousness
  • Political polarization
  • Rules & Regulations
  • Strip malls
  • Not being near the sea
  • Self-righteous non-smokers
  • Housing developments

3 comments:

CaliforniaKat said...

Just so you know, there are clothes dryers here. I have one. Also, lots of place offer heating where you control it (autonomi) and it's as central as Americans believe it should be.

Kirstyn said...

Thanks for your comment, CaliforniaKat.

I guess I was just commenting more on my individual experience so far. Everyone else I know who *isn't* renting from my landlord has central heat.

And I envy you your clothes dryer. Wanna be my new best friend??:-D

Kirstyn said...

CaliforniaCat - I just realized that you are the author of the Living in Greece website. That is a tremendous resource, one of the best I've seen. I tried to leave a comment after one of your articles but was unable to figure it out...seemed that the thread had been closed or something. Anyway, fantastic job you've done with that site, thank you.