Tuesday, January 5, 2010

KIK for Summer 2010 Campaign

It was during a walk along the shore today that I came up with what I think is a rather catchy acronym for a campaign to keep "Kyrstyn in Kriti for Summer 2010". As I dipped my toes in the icy water, I realized that as things stand I'll be leaving Crete at the end of May, just as the water is starting to warm up for the season. Seems a shame to miss a whole summer's worth of swimming, and DC is so godawful humid during that time of year anyway.

So, if anyone would like to make a donation towards the effort to extend my stay here through the end of August, please enter the amount you'd like to pledge and your contact info in the comment field for this blog posting, and I'll get back to you with an address where you can send your check or wire transfer (sorry, no credit cards or Paypal).

We need to raise $7000 in order to make this happen. That may seem like a lot for just three months, but the exchange rate sucks. If 280 people will pledge just $25 each, we can make it a reality. This blog only has a readership of 7, and my Facebook friend count is only at 81, so everyone should definitely try to talk their friends, families and co-workers into donating, too. If we exceed the $7000 then the extra will go towards a good cause, like a side trip to Santorini.

If pure generosity and altruism isn't motivation enough for people to donate towards this worthy cause, I'd be willing to do something ridiculous like swim naked in the sea in February during a storm and have someone record it, and then post it to the blog (although I'd prefer just to walk for 10 miles or something like that, honestly). Suggestions and ideas welcome.

Together we can do this!!





















































































This last photo was not taken on my walk today, I just liked the colors and was thrilled to see that they had avocados at the supermarket yesterday! I also noticed that my bread looks like it has a perturbed look on its, er...face? Is this what goes on when you hear about Jesus's image showing up on a piece of french toast?

2 comments:

dad said...

Sounds a worthy cause. Where should we mail our $25 check?

Kirstyn said...

Our first pledge! Thank you, Sir...your support is greatly appreciated. We'll let you know where to send your check once we've received pledges adding up to the full amount...only $6,975 to go!:-)