Monday, October 5, 2009

What a Beautiful Day


Started with some breakfast and Greek homework on the back patio.

Ran several errands in Kastelli, and got a call from Yannis. He is back in Albania, apparently to stay. I'm happy to know that he is OK, and will always have very nice memories of our "beach days" together.

After some lunch and Skype chat with Mike in Athens, I went for a walk down to the beach. It's a bit cold and windy for swimming/sunbathing, but absolutely gorgeous for walking. I picked some jasmine along the way, and met a local named Yannis who stopped me to chat. More opportunity to try conversing in Greek.
























I stopped by my neighbor Helen's house to double check that she'll be available to take care of my cats while I'm in Santorini and Athens with Lisa. It was a productive visit; I not only left with a glass of Cretan cabernet sauvignon that she poured and wanted me to try with my dinner, but also with a tip on how to keep the pebbles that I find on the beach shiny. She showed me her collection, and when I remarked that they looked so much prettier than mine, she pulled out a jar of marble wax that she uses to make them look that way. A project for those long winter nights coming up...