Sunday, October 4, 2009

An Experiment





Since the crust on the boureki I made last week didn't turn out half bad, I decided to try the whole "pie" theme again, this time with ground beef, onions, carrots, peas, potatoes and a curry cream sauce. Something went horribly wrong with the dough - I think I put in too much ouzo - and it just wouldn't hold together once rolled out so that I could transfer it to the pan. And being the lazy, short cut person that I can be at times, I didn't feel like trying to remake it so I just squished it around once it was in the pan, then squished the top around over the filling until I had it basically covered. It came out something like a dutch apple pie crust consistency, and wouldn't have been bad except that the underside was still slightly undercooked. Overall I give this meal a C, especially given the effort to result ratio. My kitchen looked like a war zone by the time this went in the oven.

No comments: